Before the Untimely death of XXXtentacion last month, he was working on a new track and reportedly signed an album deal of about $10million.
XXXTentacion had a controversial career due to allegations of abuse by ex girlfriend but there is no doubt that his music was reaching the masses. His last album ? had topped the Billboard 200 and he was amassing a huge fan base worldwide. Following his death, sales of his debut album 17 skyrocketed by 9000% in 24 hours and his single ‘SAD!’ topped the Billboard Hot 100 chart.
RELATED: [VIDEO] XXXTentacion – Sad
Three people close to the matter told NY Times that he had a $10 million worth deal with independent distribution company EMPIRE on lock. Ghazi Shami, the founder of Empire, said that the rapper had finished “a significant amount of material” for the new album, but there were no firm plans for its release. While XXXTentacion’s existing deal with EMPIRE covers only his next album, he is likely to have a vast archive of unreleased material that his estate may continue to license for years to come.
The music video for his song ‘SAD!’ was released 10 days ago which shows the rapper foreseeing his own death.
Latest posts by Eric.O (see all)
- Online Shopping Versus Offline Shopping - January 7, 2020
- Top 5 Title Comebacks in English Premier League History - December 23, 2019
- Teni – Billionaire - October 4, 2019