One of Africa’s biggest acts, Ayodeji Ibrahim Balogun professionally known as Wizkid has been an enigma ever since he came to limelight in 2011.
On this laid down article, you are about to read some fascinating un-shared details of Wizkid’s life and career. However, you may be one of the people who probably aren’t familiar with some of his attributes.
Below is the compiled list of things you may not know about the legendary singer;
- Wizkid started at age 11 as a gospel singer where he recorded his first album with a group called “glorious 5”. The group consisted of Wizkid and four other church members. Although their album might not have been much of a hit, they realized a token from the sale of the album.
- He used Lil Prinz as his first stage name before switching to Wizkid that we all know him as today.
- Wizkid is the first African artiste to have an official Jersey as he propels with a Nike sponsored jersey with his label imprint “Starboy” in 2018.
- Wizkid dropped out of Leadcity University as a 2nd year student studying International Relations to focus in his musical career.
- Wizkid Purchased his first car “Black Honda Accord I-VTEC” in 2011 at age 21.
- He was expelled from his secondary school, Ijebu Ode Grammar School, Ogun State, for stealing school property.
- Wizkid first ever international collaboration was ‘don’t dull (Remix) ‘where he featured Akon.
- The Singer is a father to three lovely and handsome boys from three different mothers.
It’s interesting watching how Starboy grew from a tyro to a veteran, wining every award and having collaborations with world artistes. This has to do with nothing else than the talent he has and his unique style of singing.
I bet you never knew 75% of the list presented before you, but now you do. Now go, take forth your newfound knowledge and impress people with your wizzy clout.
Latest posts by Eric.O (see all)
- Online Shopping Versus Offline Shopping - January 7, 2020
- Top 5 Title Comebacks in English Premier League History - December 23, 2019
- Teni – Billionaire - October 4, 2019