Contraceptives are hormonal medications that women take in order to curb the occurrence of pregnancy. Contraceptives are in diverse forms, which include the pill, patch, implant, injectables and vaginal ring or IUDs and condoms.
However, contraceptive pills are the commonest form of hormonal medications. They are easy to get and easy to use, probably this is why many women prefer it to other methods.
Contraceptive pills are what people commonly refer to as “the pill,” they are also synthetic hormonal oral contraception that is otherwise called ‘birth control pill’.
It is a form of hormonal contraception that many women take to prevent unwanted pregnancy. Despite the numerous evidence showing that these birth control pills are dangerous, many women still use it.
Although birth control pills help t prevent unwanted pregnancy, they are some disadvantageous sides. The side effects of contraceptive pills include the following;
1. Some women experience vaginal bleeding even when they are not menstruating or during expected periods when they use the pills. This form of bleeding is what we call ‘Intermenstrual spotting’.
Also, there are times when the woman might experience a skipped or missed period, and at times, the period might come with irregularities.
2. An increase in the risk of breast cancer is also a side effect.
3. Also, moodiness happens when some women use it, they are just moody without a tangible cause.This emotional change can also lead to depression if the affected individual does not pay a proper attention to it.
4. There can also be an increase in the risk of blood clotting, heart attack, and stroke.
5. Weight gain is another side effect that accompanies the use of contraceptive pills.
6. Other side effects that people experience include; headaches, nausea, breast tenderness and anxiety.
Instead of taking contraceptive pills to prevent pregnancy, there are natural birth control alternatives that are effective.There are many other safer ways to prevent pregnancy, such as using condoms or avoiding sex during certain days of the month.