A cigarette is a substance wrapped with a thin roll of paper with the intention of smoking it. There are diverse substances that people wrap and smoke like a cigarette, some of these even include hard drugs.
Smoking is an act that entails inhalation. There are many things that one can inhale such as tobacco, drugs, smoke, etc.
However, smoking of cigarettes is not good for both the heart health and the body health generally. It can cause certain diseases and illnesses.
Despite the health hazards that smoking of a cigarette can cause, many people find it difficult to do without smoking of cigarettes.
There are many health hazards that smoking of cigarettes can cause. Some of the dangers of smoking include the following;
1. Generally, smoking is a leading cause of cancer and death from cancer. It causes cancers of the lung, esophagus, larynx, colon, mouth, throat, kidney, bladder, liver, pancreas, stomach, etc.
2. Quite a large number of people know that smoking cigarette is bad for the health and also causes lung cancer. Lung cancer is deadly cancer that one should avoid at all cost. Do not expose yourself to the risk of having a lung cancer.
Aside from lung cancer, cigarette smoking also causes or increases the risk of getting other lung diseases and conditions such as bronchitis and emphysema.
3. Also, a larger percentage of deaths that arise from flu and pneumonia are tied to smoking as a major risk factor, though not all are as a result of smoking.
4. Smoking cigarettes can also cause heart disease, heart failure as well as heart attacks.
5. Another disease that is associated with smoking of cigarettes is Peripheral Vascular Disease (PVD). Smokers increase their chance of developing this disease.
6. Other diseases that have to do with smoking include stroke, aortic aneurysm, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) (chronic bronchitis and emphysema), diabetes, osteoporosis, rheumatoid arthritis, age-related macular degeneration, etc.
It is advisable that smokers quit smoking so that you avoid having diseases and illnesses that may be life-threatening.